PRIVATE DAY TOUR TO METEORA FROM ATHENS, VISIT MONASTERIES OF METEORA VIEWING SUSPENDED IN AIR
Private day tour to Monasteries of Meteora from Athens. Get impressed by the natural beauty of the rocks, and by the way monasteries are lying on some of the cliffs. Visit Meteora, the ageless monasteries that combine both historical and religious treasures, standing between Earth and Sky atop huge rocks.
Visit the rock monasteries with a classical day tour from Athens, that have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage one of the most important culture of Greece. Admire the creation of God and man. Dare to be enchanted by the amazing view and the picturesque architecture of Kalambaka, where you can taste the traditional Greek cuisine! Visit the historic Thermopylae, where the battle that changed the course of Greek history took place! Book this full day private tour in Meteora from Athens now!
10 Reasons to visit Meteora:
- Visit the Monastery of Holly Trinity famous of James Bond movie!
- To admire the six Monasteries (Great Meteoro, Varlaam, S. Stephan, Rousanou etc) that are in operation today and receive many pilgrims. Most of them were founded in the 14th century.
- To climb the 300 steps leading to the highest peak of the biggest rock and visit the Monastery of the Transfiguration.
- To visit a very old and strange church, the Assumption
- To experience moments of relaxation and culinary delights in the shadow of Meteora.
- To follow the oldest human footprints ever discovered in the cave Theopetra
- To get an amulet for a scarf from the St. George.
- Walk the streets of the picturesque old quarter of the amphitheater built Kastraki.
- To go up to the oldest settlement of Kalambaka to discover the fountain with magical properties.
- Our driver will pick you up from Athens Downtown to transfer you to Piraeus Port in order to take the boat departing at 08.00 a.m.
- The first stop is at the cosmopolitan Hydra, with its cobblestone alleys, its unspoilt -over the centuries- unique architectural beauty, as well as the traditional means of transportation that you can find on the island; the donkeys, will make the visitors fall in love with it at first sight. The vessel remains at the port of Hydra for 1 hour and 55 minutes, giving enough time to the passengers to discover some of the most wonderful parts of the island, the beautiful forts and the impressive mansions, enjoying a walk along the picturesque alleys, or even discover the historic landmarks.
- The next stop is at the port of Poros. A leafy island, with an insuperable natural beauty and thousands of pine trees, with both its steep beaches and the sandy beaches. All these are making Poros the island of romance and calmness. You will stay at Poros for about 50 minutes. Walk across the town and discover the city hall, the archeological museum, the public library, the cultural center and the white little houses on the island. Head towards the highest point of the island to discover the historical and famous clock tower of Poros!
- Our last stop is the historical Aegina. The biggest island of the Saronic Gulf, which took its name by the beautiful nymph that was kidnapped by Zeus. Aegina is well known across the world for the delicious pistachios, the beautiful, “virgin” beaches and the Temple of Afaia. You will stay at Aegina for 2 hours. You will have enough time to enjoy your coffee and the pistachio sweets at the beautiful port, or to participate in the historical tour of the island and discover its hidden treasures.
- Poros island
- Hydra island
- Aegina island
- Optional tours in Aegina (Panoramic island tour – Temple of Apfaia)
Inclusion & Exclusions
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Buffeut on board
- Greek dance show and music
- All taxes
- Entrance fees, Guide
- Drinks and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Optional tour to the Temple of Afaia
Please notice that the One Day Cruise will be operating as always depends from weather conditions
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to SATTAS GROUP TOURS Greece.