PRIVATE DAY TOUR IN DELPHI FROM ATHENS, VISIT MUSEUM OF THEBES, MONASTERY OF HOSIOS LOUKAS
Day trip from Athens to Delphi, to visit the most popular site of UNESCO such as Delphi & the Temple of Apollo, Archaeological museum of Thebes and the Mycenaean Tombs. Visit the Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas that has been listed on UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. You can make a stops everywhere as it is your private Tour!
Book online our full-day Private Tour in Delphi from Athens to the Archaeological Museum of Thebes and the excavation of Mycenaean Tombs from Athens. Visit Thebes, one of the oldest cities in Greece, and the Archaeological Museum of Thebes, which is of great importance as some of the collections it contains are rare or one of a kind. Visit Delphi which was considered the center of the world because of its position, Castalia Spring, the Delphi Oracle and the temple of Apollo, where it is said that Pythia delivered her oracles. Last but not least, visit the famous ancient city of Mycenae, where one of the most important cultures was born and developed between 1650 and 1200 BC, the Mycenaean civilization! Visit the excavation findings of the Archaeological area of the Mycenaean Palace of Thebes and the Mycenaean Tombs. We will also have a visit at the traditional cosmopolitan village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece. Upgrade your excursion by choosing one of our experienced guides!
- Our driver will pick you up from your hotel (suggested time 08.30) or from your cruise ship. Along the way, you will see the plain of Boeotia, an agricultural center and you will also pass by the city of Thebes, the birthplace of King Oedipus in order to reach The Archaeological Museum of Thebes www.mthv.gr/en one of the most important museums of Greece since some of its collections are rare or unique.
- The exhibits originate from excavations all around Boeotia and cover a long chronological period spanning from the Paleolithic to the Post Byzantine periods. Also, you will walk around to see the Mycenae Palace and the Mycenaean Tombs.
- Continuing our trip we will reach Delphi. We will visit Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifinians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts.
- We will also have a visit at the traditional cosmopolitan village of Arachova (at 1000 meters altitude), the best winter resort of Greece. You can buy hand-made pastries, cheeses, spices, and many other local product OR you can have lunch if you do not wish to do so in Delphi! The duration of the tour is about 9 hours.
(OPTIONAL) If you wish we can skip the visit at the Museum of Thebes in order to visit the Byzantine Monastery of Hosios Loukas, one of the most important monuments of Middle Byzantine architecture and art that has been listed on UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites.
- The Museum in Thebes
- The Excavation of the Mycenaean Palace of Thebes
- The Excavation of the Mycenaean Tombs of Thebes
- Delphi and Museum of Delphi
- The Temple of Apollo in Delphi
- Castalia spring
- The Athenian Treasure
- The picturesque village of Arachova
- (Optional) Osios Loucas Monastyery
Inclusion & Exclusions
- Pick up & drop off from your designate point
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide (only in Delphi) according to your selection
- English speaking driver
- All taxes
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees
- Meals & personal expenses
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to SATTAS GROUP TOURS Greece.