ONE DAY PRIVATE TOUR TO SARONIC ISLAND OF AEGINA FROM ATHENS & VISIT AT THE TEMPLE OF APHAIA
Once you arrive you will immediately notice the neoclassical buildings in earth colours, the narrow streets, the traditional houses with small courtyards filled with trees and flowers and the narrow alleys where you will explore the traditional shops and taverns, the narrow paved alleys between mansions, Churches with blue domes and popular art shops.
We suggest you to stroll around the local boats which have been transformed into floating grocery stores and don’t forget to buy the famous peanuts from Aegina’s unique peanut variety.
A worthwhile visit would be at the traditional ouzo taverns, where you can taste fresh seafood with ouzo or tsipouro.
- Our driver will meet you at your hotel to transfer you to Piraeus port so as to get the ferry to reach the beautiful and traditional Island of Aegina.We will visit the Temple of Aphaia (or Afea) which is one of the major attractions that one can see on the island of Aegina.
We continue to visit the second most popular Church in Aigina, the Monastery of Agios Nektarios. It was founded and inaugurated on June 2, 1908 by Saint Nektarios. It can be considered to follow the Byzantine style and has a beautiful wood-carved iconostasis with Byzantine icons as well as many temples and tributes from a large number of pilgrims.
The church has two tall bell towers and four rows of windows, all covered with red bows.
The Monastery of Saint Nektarios is one of the most important pilgrimages of Orthodoxy nowadays, with many believers visiting it every year and paying tribute to the newest Saint of our faith.
Finally we will reach at the area of “Perdika”, an old traditional settlement built around its harbor. In the past years its inhabitants were exclusively engaged in fishing.
The main feature of the settlement is the small houses with yards adjusted to each other.
At the area of Perdika we suggest you to enjoy a delicious lunch with fresh fish and traditional Aegean dishes and snacks at the fish taverns, and indulge in the pastry shops in front of the harbour and relax while enjoying the sea breeze.
Alternatively, opposite to Perdika it is located the wonderful small island of “Moni” which is highly recommended for nature, sun & sea lovers. Enjoy its turquoise waters and beautiful nature with animals nurtured on the island. Moni lies at a short distance from Aegina island and there are regular boat connections from Perdika throughout the summer months.
Small boats disembark at the organized sandy beach on a cove on the north coast of the island and within 10 minutes you will reach this paradise location, ideal for children!
- Island of Aegina & the traditional town
- The Temple of Aphaia
- The Church of Agios Nektarios
- The coast line area or Perdika
- Island of Moni (optional)
Inclusion & Exclusions
- Private transportation/sedan car or Minivan
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver
- Pick up / drop off at your hotel in Athens
- Ferry tickets from / to Piraeus port / Aegina Island
- Bottled water
- Licensed Tour Guide (available with extra cost)
- Entrance fees
- Meals, personal expenses
- In order to confirm any booking, 30% payment in advance is required, fully refundable in case of any written cancellation received 8 days prior the arrival date.
- For any cancellation OR change within 7 days prior the first day of arrival and/or non shows, full cancellation fees applies – the total cost of the program.
- A written notification of any cancellation or change is necessary to be sent to SATTAS GROUP TOURS Greece.